Sunday, May 11, 2008

Cuz I can't take just NORMAL pictures!

Mothers Day weekend found us busy, as usual.

But (sniff, sniff) I didn't see my mommy. And that blows. I did talk to her briefly, but it is not the same.


I have a cuddly, take-care-of-you-when-you-are-sick, cry-at-your-graduation, make-you-cookies and fudge mommy. Our last family vacation was riddled with problems, one of which was me getting horribly sick and ending up heading to the ER in Daytona beach. It was the night before Thanksgiving and I had a 103 degree temperature. Laying on my father-in-law's couch ( in between the puking and the blacking out) I cried to Zachary that "I just want my mom" in the MOST whiny, between tears voice. Zach is rubbing my back and saying "mom, I wish I could just get her for you. I really do" And I talked to her the next day, sobbing, I begged her to just come get me, I just need her. Even the way she smells soothes me. And she started crying too. I know she would have come to me, if she could. (and yes, I felt horrible I made her cry and I called her later in the week when I was better to tell her I was sorry for being a big baby) I will be lucky if my kids think I am that good a mom. Very lucky.

Saturday night, Adam and I went to visit my grandma in rehab. She is doing great. walking great with a walker and complaining it it way too hot there, ya know, for the OLD PEOPLE. We met my uncle and aunt there and then headed to dinner at a fabulous Italian restaurant for dinner.

Sunday we woke up and cooked our half of brunch to take to Rochester. Adam's grandparents live there and his grandma just got home from rehab for a knee replacement. She is doing very well too. It was a good time there with my mother-in-law, her husband, the great-grandparents and us.

and there were photos. lots of photos.

you know...boring regular ones...






But then ummmm......I am not so much a boring, standard mom. So we had to take a few more.

Happy Mother's Day...MY WAY!



Well, if they think I am fabulous mom, like mine, remains to be seen. But they will know I am crazy. I have lots of fun with them. That I love them. That I have an insane sense of humor.

And get this! They ALL fell asleep on the way home. Buttheads.

EVEN ADAM!


And yes. I took pictures while driving. I admit it. So there. It needed to be done.

Adam did make me a great dinner when we got home. Steak, baked potatoes and creamed spinach. Most excellent. ( MARY!! Did you get that?? I mentioned him and posted pictures of him!!! It is like a historic day! Mark it down...I don't know when it will happen again!)

3 comments:

Robin L said...

Great pictures! I almost fell out of my chair seeing a picture and you actually talked about your hubby! Holy cow! Looks like a wonderful Mother's Day for you.

Anonymous said...

you are adorable and he is handsome (the husband person)...and on top of that your kids love you and you have a mom who cries when she can't baby you. not that is a GOOD mother;s day in my book :)
XOX

Kris said...

Ah, glad to see I'm not the only one taking pictures while driving!!

I wouldn't trust my hubby to cook a spread of a meal like that, but congrats to your Adam for making such a feast for Mom's day!